Who We Are
Clean Air Midlands is a coalition of public, private, education, health care, faith, and citizen stakeholders who promote regional cooperation for air quality in the Midlands of South Carolina.
In the Midlands of South Carolina, opportunities abound for achieving cleaner and healthier air. Together, our local governments, businesses, schools, health advocates, faith-based organizations, and citizens will develop and implement actions that lead to better environmental planning, sound growth management strategies, energy conservation, and smart commuting practices to ensure that the Midlands remains a quality place to live, work, play, and breathe for generations to come.
- Making the air cleaner for everyone to breathe – especially for young children, the elderly, and people with respiratory illnesses
- Substituting voluntary actions in place of additional air pollution regulations
- Increasing public awareness about the importance of clean air and encouraging individuals to take actions that will help improve air quality
- Improving air quality in the Midlands to meet federal air quality standards and to reduce future costs of doing business in the region
- Reducing traffic congestion and, as a result, increasing business productivity
- Working to fill in gaps and collaborate rather than duplicate efforts of others
- Raise awareness about the importance of air quality to our local economy, individual and community health, and our natural environment.
- Implement strategies that improve the air quality of the Midlands.
Take the Central Midlands Air Quality Pledge of Support to become a stakeholder in our Central Midlands Air Quality Coalition.